Tuesday, March 06, 2007

WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE WON'T SCROLL DOWN. ARGGHH!!!

Crap. After enjoying my Apple Bluetooth Wireless Mighty Mouse for a couple of months now it stopped being able to scroll down. Aaa!!! I use that scroll ball all of the time! I thought it was a communications error, so between yesterday and today I've reset my machine a number of times. I've disconnected and reconnected it. I've unpaired and re-paired the mouse. Nothing worked. So I started searching around on the web.

Lo and behold there are a plethora of articles and blogs and comments about how the Mighty Mouse won't scroll down, or won't scroll up, or just won't scroll. It turns out that this little mouse is really susceptible to lint and dirt. Unfortunately, Apple's "sleek" and "clean" design means you can't open up the frakkin' mouse too. So, the solution? Clean it from the outside.

No, really.

Apple even has an article on it: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302417.

The instructions are basically to get a lint free cloth and rub the ball until it comes clean. (No lewd thoughts there, k?) So I grabbed a paper towel (because that's all we really have in the office), put some water on it, and rubbed the damp towel over the ball many times. And, guess what? It scrolls down now. For how much longer I can't say, but for now I'm at least able to get my work done...

APPLE: PLEASE GIVE US WAYS TO OPEN THINGS UP AND CLEAN THEM.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

It worked for me too :)

Sat Sep 13, 03:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home