Saturday, February 17, 2007

ERROR CODE -1309. AARRRGH.

Since starting to use Parallels I know have files that are much much larger than 4 GB--the virtual disks. Currently one of them is sitting at about 18GB, and unfortunately I'm running into this wonderful error:

Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred
(Error code -1309).

I did some browsing around and it turns out there is a 4GB file limit on FAT32-formatted drives. Ugh. I put it in FAT32 so I could see it with the Mac, but of course that now creates the problem of the virtual drive. I don't know what to do really. I suppose I could find a file-splitting utility somewhere... Ugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger alice said...

There are ways around the 4GB limit for FAT32 but they are messy.

Sat Feb 17, 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger magicgravy said...

thanks for the info! thought i was losing a drive, turns out it's just my drive i have for windows-based clients. guess they can't have the big files!

Mon Jan 07, 09:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home